(Sherrill – you must be getting used to winning by now! – Ellen)
We are excited to announce that the book “David’s ADHD” has won the Silver/2nd Place award in the 2020 Feathered Quill Book Awards Program for both the Children’s Early Readers and Poetry categories!
Congratulations! This year, the entries more than doubled from last year (and last year was significantly up from the previous year). Your title rose to the top and you should be quite proud.
I especially loved the Feathered Quill Book Awards Judges’ Comments:-
– on the covers: nice drawing, lovely colors, font is fun…
– I think this book will help both kids and parents. Great info in regards to ADHD that would help classrooms/students
– rhyming is very difficult but the author does it very well. The book is very informative and shows support and friendship for David from other kids which I really like. Usually ADHD books are all about bullying.
– the author aptly covers the topic of ADHD, translating its complexities through words and pictures into a language that children, particularly K-2, can understand.
– kudos to the author for creating a well-written and timely educational read.
The complete list of winners will be listed soon… but I wanted to share ASAP.
Please share this book with your children as well as their teachers… Let’s help everyone understand ADHD, and let classroom friendships develop!